Monday, March 28, 2011

Murderers.



I was in my American literature class and my professor was talking about times when we have perhaps been deceived by someone. I thought of a great story that happened to me about 2 years ago that i haven't talked about in a really long time. I feel it should be documented.

So I'm working at my Dad's office one summer. A middle aged couple comes trudging in. I say trudging because they looked horrid. They were dressed in rags and were quite sweaty to be descriptive. They seemed a little wacked but of course I helped them anyway. They said they had been to the emergency room and they had just told them they were dehydrated. But something was definitely wrong with these people. I went to the back and got them a drink of water. I got back and decided I just needed to call the ambulance. I can't even remember what they said was wrong. But I sure found out later.

I got the Mr. a wheelchair and wheeled him out to the parking lot--the Mrs. said she would drive him back to the ER. They didn't want the ambulance to come. Suddenly the man just started yammying all over. I felt so bad for him and I'm pretty sure I even offered to drive them to the ER--I did this a lot with my Dad's patients that didn't have a car. Good thing I didn't!

A couple days later, this couple was charged for murder of a teenage girl in St. Johns. It turns out they had come to the office after brutally murdering a girl. Ya, I'd probably be sick too.

Ya, Professor Cutchins. I've had an experience when I have been deceived by someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment